Water Garden – Back to the Roots
or 4 payments of $43.75 with Afterpay
Bring the garden inside with this closed-loop ecosystem!
This mini aquaponics system is a self-cleaning fish tank that grows organic herbs and microgreens on top. The fish waste fertilises the plants and the plants clean the water — so few water changes are required! It's perfect as a gift, family activity, or classroom project to teach about DIY aquaponics & ecosystems.
How it works:
- The fish eats the food you feed it
- The waste produced by the fish is released into the water and is pumped to the roots of the garden
- The plants absorb the nutrients and filter to water as it passes through them
- Clean water falls back into the tank, reoxygenating as it breaks the surface
- The plants grow rapidly - with your first harvest expected within 10 days, giving you the freshest, tastiest ingredients for your favourite salads, smoothies and a recipes.
- 11 litre fish tank – 30.5cm(H) x 28cm(L) x 20.5cm(D)
- 3 month's supply of organic microgreen & wheatgrass seeds to get started
- Growstones, growbed, and decorative gravel
- Silent, submersible water pump (240V)
- Water treatment and natural fertiliser
- Fish food
- FREE downloadable online curriculum for kids about the science behind aquaponics
Out of stock